Vioolsdrift accommodation or as we call it “The Chic Shacks” is our upcycled accommodation at The Growcery Camp. It has been built from reclaimed materials and offers two beds in each unit. These rooms come with bedding and shared ablutions. There is a BBQ area with a kitchenette for use. You can make use of the self-catering facilities or join us for a hearty fresh cooked meal.
The Growcery Chic Shacks is no luxury, but a value for money accommodation option. The perfect accommodation for the traveller that is budget conscious and need a good mattress and a bed for the night. There are 10 units and we can accommodate a maximum of 20 travellers at any given point in time. Your vehicles are safely parked close to the Chic Shack of Choice.
Vioolsdrift Accommodation at The Growcery Camp
- 10 Recycled and Upcycled Chic Shacks
- Sleep 20 people
- Safe parking
- Grassed area
- Indigenous Trees
Vioolsdrift Accommodation – The Growcery Chic Shacks Facilities
- Clean and neat shared ablutions
- Restaurant and bar area
- Large natural swimming pool in the Orange River
- Adventure tours and outdoor activities
- Power supply at camping sites
- BBQ and braai facilities
- Washing basins
- Grassed camps
- Indigenous trees
- Herb and vegetable gardens (Seasonal)
- Freshly prepared meals
- On-site shop
- Communal kitchen
Directions to Vioolsdrift Accommodation – The Growcery Camp
- Take the N7 from Springbok and drive north towards the Namibian Border.
- Take the only turn off left, 30 meters in front of the South African border post.
- Drive 50 meters and at the T- junction, turn right and drive past the Police station on your left.
- The road becomes gravel after 800 meters, continue on this gravel road for 22km.
- Follow the signs of The Growcery and Umkulu for 22km till you reach The Growcery Camp.
The Growcery Accommodation: -28°69’68.07″S ; 17°49’55.24″E
- Take the gravel road at the SA border post and follow for 22km.
Check in Times
Check In Time: 14h00 pm
Check Out Time: 09h30 am
Tel Landline no: 027761-8007
Namibia Line: 00264(0)816725466
- We can arrange to open the gates on a late arrival
- Please confirm arrivals with local bus service
- We can collect all travellers arriving by bus
- Transfer fees will be R 150.00 per person
- Please make prior arrangements if you will not be able to accommodate these times.
- Children are most welcome at all times
- Children 1-5 years will stay for free at campsites and accommodations
- Children need to be accompanied by adults near the river
- Please enquire about child policies for activities
- Please see rate sheet below